Tuesday 4 August 2015

August Bank Holiday Monday :)

Hi guys,

Apologies that I was not very lively yesterday, to be honest I have no real excuse for my lack of activity, I was just being lazy. But sure now, I think we all need a few lazy days every now and then :P Plus it's a bank holiday weekend! :D



Anyway, I hope you all had a good and relaxed Sunday :) As I stated I had a fairly lazy, non productive day (nothing like it). I was really tired from my busy day of travels the night before and along with that I had a late enough night too (we're talking like half one time). As a result of this I slept in until quarter past two yesterday afternoon :P However, I got myself up and ready and I then spent the afternoon with my dad.

We just visited some family and we  were almost involved in a head on collision car crash when some car started coming at us on the wrong side of the road :O Thankfully there was no contact, which was lucky as it was very wet and slippy, but the other car just continued on their way (once returning to their side of the road). The car was a rented car so my dad reckons they might have been from America or somewhere where they drive on the opposite side of the road. About a half an hour later after we left my aunts house, we went to Dunnes Stores and there we saw the same car parked up and the people were just putting their shopping in the boot, what are the chances!?

I came home around half seven and for the rest of the evening my mom and I just ate and chilled in front of the TV :D There was absolutely nothing on the tele so we decided to watch Pitch Perfect 2. We have a HDMI cable to connect the laptop to the TV so it's really handy if we are watching something that's on the laptop, we can just plug it into the tele :) I had seen Pitch Perfect 2 before but my mom hadn't, plus we couldn't come up with anything else worth watching. I am a big fan of Pitch Perfect so I didn't mind watching it again :D However, my mom was too tired to stay up and watch the whole thing so I watched most of it by myself. I headed up to bed then around half one.

Today I got up at half twelve, I would have stayed in bed longer but my mom and I had decided that we would go to The G Hotel for some afternoon tea so I needed to be up to get my hair washed. I was thinking last night that I would like to put some waves in my hair so once I had my hair washed and dried I set up my curling wand. However, the waves did not go as planned. I have a lot of hair, that's also very thick and quite long so usually it takes my over an hour, close to two to curl. I decided just to do a small section to see if I could achieve the wavey look, however, it didn't really work out as it was too curly and brushing it out just made it really frizzy so I decided against trying to do the rest of my head. But then I was left with section of my hair that had a curl going through it and I could straighten it out with my hair brush or my mom's blow dryer brush thing so I had to try and pin it back :P Oh and as my OOTD (outfit of the day) I decided to wear my new playsuit that I got last week in Miss Selfridge :) I forgot to take a pic so here's one from when I got it :P




We went to the G Hotel at three o' clock. The car park to the centre it's in was packed, even the underground car park so we expected it to be packed (it's a bank holiday here). To our happy surprise though it wasn't too busy and we had the three designer lounges to choose from; the cream one, the pink one and the purple one. We decided in the end after a stroll through them all to go with the cream one where there was a table by the window :)

Usually at the G I have a chocolate scone however they didn't have any today so I just had a plain one, and it was delicious! It was a very big scone (woop), sprinkled with icing sugar and served hot (which I love), with butter, clotted cream and some raspberry jam. With my scone I had a pot of early grey tea and a glass of water. My mom had a fruit scone, lemon tea and a glass of water and she also said that her's was delicious :)



We had a lovely time taking it easy in the relaxing atmosphere and beautiful design of the 'Grand Salon' for an hour. Our tea cost just shy of €15, which is quite good for Galway's 5 hotel, and also one of the poshest :)

My mom and I and also my friends and I always enjoy a trip to the G. I have been there a number of times already this summer :D They do the best earl grey tea there and I favourite thing to have there is the Virgin Mojito non-alcoholic cocktail <3 I love sitting in unique lounges (especially the pink, or 'Ladies' lounge :P) and the staff are always so friendly :)

After our lovely time in the G we came home. At this point the weather turned for the worst. All evening it has been raining non stop and it's also really windy ;/ I believe a good few areas around the Prom and town are flooded this evening because of the bad weather. I hope it calms down over night as I am meant to be meeting up with my friends in town tomorrow :/

For the rest of the evening, my mom and I stayed inside and barely budged from the sitting room as it was too wet and depressing to do anything else. We just watching some move TV, even though there really wasn't anything on worth watching :P

I also spent my evening trying to make a new Twitter header for my profile and was that annoying. I wanted to use a background that had roses on it and then put 'It's a Rosy World' on that but because of the awkward size/shape of the Twitter header none of the pics I wanted to use worked right on it as they came out way to zoomed in and blurry :/ In the end I just went with a plain light pink background with 'It's a Rosy World' in a darker pink set on that. However, I am still unsure as to which font I should go for so I'll put the two options below and any preferences are welcome :D At the moment I've gone for the first one :)





Well, I have quite a busy week ahead of me. I really should find where I left my diary and get it back on track so I' know what I'm doing and when. Tomorrow I am meant to be meeting my friends and then going to town and then going to the G Hotel again :P So I really hope the weather is much improved as there's nothing worse than being out in the wet and cold :/

So I shall chat to you all again tomorrow when I'll hopefully have a good, exciting day to tell you all about (weather depending :P). Night now :*

Kate! Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment