Thursday 6 August 2015

A Rainy Day.

Hi guys,

Well it's Wednesday, we're half way there now :) To be honest I think the week is flying by! Someone said earlier that tomorrow's Thursday and I couldn't believe it :O I suppose when there's a long weekend the week always flies :) However, today was fairly depressing with the awful weather :/

I'm having an interesting experience writing this post tonight as I'm doing it on an iPad. I wasn't able to bring my laptop with me and I don't think I'd survive if I had to do this on my phone so I had to go for the iPad :/ I'm so used to being on my laptop when I'm writing/typing, it's so much easier and I can drift between all my stuff easier too, in other words I'm more easily distracted on my laptop :P However, I am being equally distracted tonight as we are watching a movie (The Gambler with Mark Wahlberg) :)

So today was another day full of travels for me. You know I think I've done more travelling this summer than I have anything else. Anyway so yup I had another slightly early start this morning. I set my alarm for half nine and then for ten, however, I could barely keep my eyes open and I didn't really need to be up that early so I stayed in bed until half ten :D After that I was fairly moving to get all my stuff together and get myself out the door for around quarter to twelve. I left my house at ten to twelve so I was pretty impressed with that achievement :P

I was kinda dreading the walk to the bus as I had my gear bag to carry and it was heavy. However, it wasn't too bad but I think that may have been because my should was gone a bit numb :P I had to leave that bit earlier because I had to stop into the pharmacy on the way to the bus stop to collect my prescription and iron tablets. I tried to give myself a good bit of time for going in there because they can be quite slow in there. Thankfully they were quiet and so I was only in there about 5 minutes. I was feeling really lucky then as just when I got to the bus stop the bus just came round the corner so I was delighted :D

When I got to town it was twenty five past twelve and so I had a few minutes to spare as my dentist appointment wasn't until quarter to one. I decided to go into Penneys to check and see if I could spot those grey denim jeans j had been looking for. Once again though I left empty handed. I then went to Dunnes Stores and got myself a new pair of slippers, pink ones of course and they cost €5 :P At this point it was twenty five to one so I made my way to the dentist.



I was going to the dentist/orthodontist as a few weeks ago my bottom retainer broke and at the time I didn't have a chance to go and get it fixed. Unfortunately since I left it so long my teeth moved :( So the new ortho I went to today took a mould of my teeth and is making me a new plastic retainer. I'll be collecting it on Monday.




I was finished at the orthodontist around five past one and my bus was at ten last two so I decided that I would go and get some lunch. I headed to my favourite spot in town to go, McCambridges :) As there pretty always is there, there was quite a queue waiting for tables. It's such a popular place and it's no wonder really as they really do do the best stuff there :D I was waiting a little under ten minutes for my table. It was nearly half one so I ordered straight away. I got myself some earl grey tea and two slices of toast and it was the perfect little fill up :) I had it pretty snappy as time was not on my side at this point. I paid for food which cost €4.10 and then went on my way.




Now this is when things turned for the worst. I got out of McCambridges and it was pouring rain. The streets were covered in water so in no time at all my shoes were weighed down with the water. Apart from my shoes my gear bag and myself were soon saturated. I was not a happy chappy. As I was making my way to the bus station I was debating with myself as to whether or not I should make a quick pit stop in Penneys to pick up a cheap pair of shoes that I could change into. I decided to go for it but sadly the queue in there was way too long to wait in so I had to put back the shoes I had picked up and make pace for the bus station. At this stage it was still pouring down and I was saturated.

I got to the bus station just in the nick of time at two o' clock. I then went and got my ticket from the ticket machine. I got a student single ticket that cost €15. I then went and got on the bus just in time. I didn't even have time to got the toilet! :O I then went and got a seat and tried to make myself as comfortable as possible baring in mind I was drenched. Then to top everything off, once we left the station the traffic was heavy everywhere around town :( We cleared the traffic anyways after a few minutes and then we were cruising for the next two hours. I finally arrived in Sligo at twenty past four and my sister collected me :)




We didn't do anything for the evening, just had dinner and watched some TV and of course spent time with the babies :) I have no plans for tomorrow, or for the next few days for that matter as I am here to babysit.  Obviously as I won't be leading an interesting life I probably won't be very lively or have enough to fill a a post so please forgive me. However, I'll do my best to keep in touch on Facebook and Twitter during the days :)

Well it's time to hit the hay now as I'll have another early start with the babies :P I'll chat to ye all soon :) Goodnight  :*

Kate! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment