Wednesday 5 August 2015

A Girly Day Out :)

Hey guys,

Happy Tuesday :) I hope you all had a good day and that you didn't get blown or washed away :P The weather was pretty bad here yesterday evening and through the night. There was a bit of flooding around the place and it was VERY windy. Thankfully, it was better today, no rain (yay!) but it was still quite gusty #windswept

I had a really good day today :D I was up early enough this morning, around quarter to ten. I was meeting one of my friends (Chloe, from Chloe's Ensemble Blog - http://chloesensemble.blogspot.ie/)so we could head to our other friends house for a visit. She had a fairly major surgery almost a month ago and we hadn't seen her since she went home from hospital and also it was her birthday last week too so we wanted to see her :)

As my OOTD I was originally thinking of wearing a dress, however, after seeing the weather I decided to wear my black high waisted jeans from Penneys that I go a few weeks ago, a grey t-shirt I got in Penneys last summer and I just threw on my new light denim jacket that I got two weeks ago, which is also from Penneys :P #Penneysfinest



We arrived at her house around 12.30 and stayed until 2.30. We just chilled together, listened to some music, attempted to watch a movie (Spy) but we got distracted (:P) and of course we had a good laugh (snapchat was busy :P) :D However, we had to leave again around 2.20 so we could get the bus down the road from her house at 2.30. We got to the bus in grand time and then we made our way to the G Hotel for some (more :P) afternoon tea :D


As the bus had to stop in town for a few minutes we arrived at the G shortly after 3 :) We took a wander through to see which lounges were free and to decide which one to occupy :) to our surprise two of the three lounges were completely empty! :O We choose to sit in the cream 'Grand Salon' room, in the same spot I was in with my mom yesterday :P There were a few other people enjoying themselves in there too.




We made ourselves comfortable, took a look through the menus and made of choices as to what to have, We decided that we were going to make an occasion of it and go all out :D I went with a plain scone, a pot of earl grey tea, a bowl of chips and a virgin mojito :D Chloe decided she too would have the plain scone and she had a cappuccino to go with it. Whilst waiting on our food I decided to be very blogger-y and takes pics of the magnificent interior for this post :P I only took pics of the lounge we were in but next time I'm there I'll try to take more diverse pics :) Anyways, the scones came out lovely and hot (once again :D) and instead of a little brownie as usual, our tea/cappuccino came with little mini buns topped with some kind of icing and a fancy edible thing and they were so cute and tasty :)



We scavenged away happily on our delicious lunch as we had worked up quite the appetite :P We were stuffed when we finally finished our food. At this point even though the day was very windy the sun had come out. As we were sitting by the floor to ceiling windows, we started to feel the heat very quickly. In no time at all with the sun hitting us directly and it felt like we were in a glass house. We were ready to melt! Thankfully, the staff were on top of things fairly rapid and the electric blinds were lower and the air conditioning was turned on, to our delight :P



Returning to our regulars temperatures, we got back to lavishing ourselves as Chloe decided that she too would go all out and joined me in having a virgin mojito :D The were lovely and refreshing and great for cooling us down after the heat of the sun. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves but as the saying goes 'all good things must end' so around half four we decided to part ways with our beloved spot and head to town. Altogether our lunch cost about €33. My order cost a little over €17 and Chloe's a little over €14 :) We had a fabulously great afternoon there, as we always do :)



Even though it was blustery we decided to walk to town from the G as it is only a 15 minute walk. We could have gotten a bus. however, that would have cost €2 for a journey that would only have lasted about 2 minutes so we decided to take to our feet :)

We reached town around ten to five and we only had two places in mind that we need to go to; Penneys and Boots. However, we needed to be cautious of our time as Chloe had to catch her bus at 6. We went to Penneys first as we figured that would be where we would be spending most of our time. I was on the look out for a pair of fab greyish denim high waisted shorts I had spotted in their Castlebar store, but unfortunately I didn't spot them :(

Chloe on the other hand was quite more successful. She really wanted to find a jumper she had seen online, however when we did find it it was too pink for her and she decided to leave it. She also picked up some sports/work out gear and a yoga mat.

For ages I have been meaning to get a hairbrush for my handbag as the wind always messes up my hair so I decided to pick myself up one while we were in Penneys :P It had a really cute design and it's light and seems strong which is what I want as my hair is thick and when the wind gets at it, its a knot fest, so I didn't want something that was going to fall apart when I try to put it through my hair :P But I gave this one a go when I got home and it worked grand :) Both my hair and the brush survived the event so it gets my seal of approval :D It was only €3 so I was happy out :)



I also spotted these pink facial sponges, and obviously because they are pink they were a must have, and a steal at just €1 for a two pack! :P :D However, I did actually need them as I do have two normal yellow ones (which I believe were €4 from where ever they were bought) but they are both in need of cleaning and my mom reckons these sponges are easier on the skin than muslin cloths which I previously used, so I said yup I'll use these :) I'll be putting them to use tonight so hopefully they'll be good :D



After our session in Penneys we made our way to Boots where Chloe just needed one thing, so that was a quick visit. At this stage it was twenty to six so we said it was time to head for the bus. I left Chloe at her bus stop where her bus had just pulled into when we got to it, and we said our goodbyes :) I then hopped on my bus and headed for home. It was nearly seven by the time I got home as the traffic was heavy :/

After watching our daily fix of Home and Away (we LOVE H&A <3) my mom and I went for a drive. Well it was a practice drive for me as we haven't been out in ages so it was good to get back into it :) I've been learning to drive now since Easter and I really like it :) I have ten of the twelve compulsory lessons done that you have to do before you can apply for your test, so nearly there :) After that it was relaxing time as it was nine o' clock.

That was around the time I started this post and as you can now tell I did take a few breaks but personally, I think it's impossible to sit down and write a post in one sitting! For me, although writing in one go would be really efficient, I just never have the time/chance to do that and I think I might lose my mind or something :P

Anyways, one of those breaks included me packing my bag as I am heading to Sligo tomorrow afternoon for a few days :) Let's just say, once again, my bag weighs an absolute tonne, I hope my shoulder doesn't like break or dislocate while I'm carting it around. Before I get the bus though I have an appointment with the dentist/orthodontist.

I had braces about five or six years ago and when I got them I off I got retainers to wear, which I have done so religiously every night for the last five years :P Unfortunately, when I got back from my trip to Sunderland a few weeks ago my bottom retainer broke :( I was really busy at the time, my friends were in hospital and I was working so I didn't have time to get to my old orthodontist. As a result of my delay and time without my retainer, my bottom teeth have moved D: My old orthodontist can't see me until the end of August so I am going to see a new guy tomorrow that my mom has been to so hopefully he can sort me out :)

So now I think I've said just about everything that's possible about my day today :) I am off now to try and do some wavy stuff with my hair, so hopefully that works out :P Better be heading to bed then as I have another early enough start tomorrow :)

So I shall love ye and leave ye for another night and I shall chat to ye tomorrow :D Night all :*

Kate! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment