Thursday 30 July 2015

Castle Fraser :)

Hello once again guys,

Hey hey I'm on quite a role these days with my new posts, huh? :P I must say, I'm proud of myself, even though it has meant I've had A LOT of late nights (I'm talking not sleeping till nearly 3am :O). However, tonight I'm determined to get to bed early/(ier) as we are going to Balmoral Castle tomorrow, which is an official residence of the Queen and it's about an hour and a quarter from where we are so it'll mean an early start. Actually, an even earlier start as I have to wash my hair, which as most girls know, is a long process when you have to dry it straight away and all :P



Well today was a little less exiting/busy as my shopping day yesterday. I had a late night last (see above :P) so I had a good sleep in today, until my aunt woke me at quarter to two. So last night we said we might go to see another castle today if we had time and the weather wasn't too bad. As it happened the weather was alright for a little day out so we decided that we would take a drive to Castle Fraser, which is about a twenty minute drive from us.



When we got to Castle Fraser it was about four o' clock so the tearooms had just closed so we weren't going to have any tea on this trip. So Castle Fraser like most castles has lovely foresty walk ways and a walled garden. As were late arrivals we decided we would just stroll around the castle and not do any tours or walks as we could always just come back and do the full visit next time round. So the weather held up grand as we were going around the castle so I was able to take loads of pics, and a special one with my Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 :D






We also stopped into the gift shop while we were there and lets just say, I went a bit overboard :P I got myself two postcards, a fridge magnet, two cool animal keyrings, two mini wooden highland cow ornaments and another cute little keyring for my cousin :) All  in all I think I spent around £15, which I am not proud of :P






We then decided we would take a stroll up to the walled garden for a little walk and look around. It was a lovely garden but just as we got there it started to rain so we had to hurry up a bit but luckily we had an umbrella. At this point we decided it was time to head back to the car and head for home.

 


Overall, we had another lovely trip to the see the local sites :D After visiting Fyvie Castle earlier this week, Castle Fraser today and with our plans to visit Balmoral Castle tomorrow and possibly Crathes Castle on Friday, I have come to the conclusion that I think I want to complete the Aberdeenshire Castle Trail which consists of 18 castles. I love going to castles so I think I'd really enjoy going round to see all the castles, even though many of them are in ruins, but I just think castles in general are so amazing :)



Well, that's enough chat for tonight as you know, I'm trying to have an early night :P I hope you all enjoy yet another post about my castle hopping :) You'll be sick of hearing about castles by the end of this week I'm sure if I get to Balmoral and Crathes :P Anyways, I'm sure I'll have more for you all tomorrow night.

Night,
Kate! Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment