Wednesday 29 July 2015

Shopping day :)

Hi guys,

I hope you all had a good Tuesday :) I had a pretty good day myself and in the holiday mind set, it felt like a Friday to me :P The weather here today was wet and cold so we were glad that we hadn't made plans to go somewhere touristy because it wouldn't have been as good in the rain :/

Today was our day to go into the city for a spot of shopping. The traffic going in was heavy enough as there had been a crash so it was about half two by the time we got parking. We went around some of the shops in the Union Square shopping centre. I went to Paperchase to get boxes of cards for my mom, which I usually pick up for her as having blank cards are totes handy. I also took a look around in Hollister but there wasn't much there that took my fancy (or that I could afford :P). The main place I wanted to go to in the Union Square shopping centre was the Pandora shop. My cousin got me a beautiful Pandora bracelet, which is from their Essence range, last summer when he was in New York and I've been growing my charms, slowly but surely :) I wanted to go to their store to get a new charm for my bracelet as a little treat. After looking at several different charms I settle on the Faith charm to add to my collection :) The Faith charm represents faith (obviously) which I really liked as I have a very good faith. The charm is a deep purple colour and it cost £35. After that purchase it was time to move on :)





My main mission for this trip was to go to the Disney store and to go to Penneys/Primark. In order to get to these shops we had to go through a couple of different shopping centres to get there so we were kinda going in and out of shops, browsing on the go. Going through the one of the shopping centres I spotted a Miss Selfridge. I usually only go into Miss Selfridge to look around as I tend to find them a bit expensive, even though I know they make good clothes, but most of the time I can't justify paying the price of some of the clothes as you get similar look in shops like Penneys for way cheaper. Despite this I decided to go in and look around. I didn't look around at much of their normal stuff, instead I stuck to the sale rails :P As I was going through them and losing hope I spotted this cute little playsuit in my size. I liked the colours/pattern and simplicity of the playsuit and that it didn't have any cut-outs or plunging fronts or backs so I said to myself ah sure why not try it on.



I've never been one for playsuits or very short skirts/shorts as I'm not very comfortable showing that much leg. However, this playsuit is one that will look just as good with black tights so I was happy that I would get wear out of it. As I was going through the sale rail I also saw a cute little purple skirt and I took it to try on aswell. When I went to try on my picks the purple skirt ended up not being a great fit so I decided against it. I then tried on the playsuit and I really liked it :D I showed it to my aunt and expressed my feelings that wasn't overly sure about buying it as I couldn't justify the price but then she offered to get it for me as a gift so after some consideration I accepted her lovely offer :) In the end I was delighted as when we got to the till the playsuit ended up only being £15 so we were thrilled! :D All and all it ended up being a rather successful unexpected trip into Miss Selfridge :P (I don't think they have any available online anymore but here's the link non-the-less :P http://www.missselfridge.com/en/msuk/product/petites-nude-floral-playsuit-4040600#BVRRWidgetID )




We made our way around and got to the Disney store where I picked up a little airplane for my nephew as a little gift. On the way to Penneys we spotted a shop that sold pretzels and so at this point I was starving I decided to get a nutella one. The pretzel was way bigger than what I expected it to be and it was quite messy with all the chocolate but it was delicious :P We had to sit down in the shopping centre while I ate it as there were loads of pigeons and seagulls outside and I din't want to be attacked by one :P In the end we made it to Penneys :) I wasn't really up for browsing as it was getting late and really only wanted to go in there for one reason. When I was in Penneys in Sligo last week I saw this gorgeous pair of high waisted denim shorts that I fell in love with but they didn't have them in my size. I thought that they might have then over here but after looking through the vast amount of denim clothing they were no where to be seen D: However, I shall not give up, maybe I'll see them again when I get home :)

After all our shopping it was food time! :D We decided to go to Frankie and Bennies for out dinner. I love the fish and chips that they do there so I was excited to go there. Dinner was really good and then I had a chocolate pancake for dessert which was equally as good #yum After dinner we went for a game of crazy golf. I love a good game of crazy golf :D We had to play the indoor course as it was still wet and cold outside plus it was getting a bit dark. We had a good time during our game, even though I must admit it wasn't my finest :P After the game we wasted some coins on the claw machines trying to win a minion :D We were so close :P So after our busy day it was finally time to head for home, and was I wrecked!

Overall, I had a really good and enjoyable day in town and I was happy enough with my purchases, especially my playsuit <3 I've just been relaxing now for the night and I' extra comfy as I got into my pjs as soon as we got home :P Well I ready to hit the hay now so it's time to begin my long bedtime routine and catch some z's :)

Night :*
Kate! Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment